IFLScience Social Media Use and Comments Policy
We are proud of our online community, and we encourage you to read and discuss science news, share your opinions, and engage with others. However, we want to make sure that our page remains a safe and respectful space for everyone. Therefore, we have outlined some guidelines for comments posted on our website and social media pages.
1. Comments will be moderated by a member of our social media or editorial team soon after they appear on our sites.
2. We do not pre-moderate or censor comments, but we will remove comments that breach our terms. This includes comments that are abusive, libelous, attack the person rather than the argument, promote hate, contain excessive profanity, contain spam or are off-topic.
3. We reserve the right to edit, delete, move, or mark as spam any and all comments. Only members of our social media or editorial teams will remove comments flagged by users.
4. We may block individuals or groups from commenting on our website or social media pages if we believe they are violating our policy.
5. By submitting a comment on our sites, you agree that the comment content is your own, and you do not hold www.iflscience.com and all subsidiaries and representatives responsible for any and all repercussions, damages, or liability.
6. Comments are part of the public record and will only be removed or edited if they breach our policy.
We want to promote lively discussions and debates about science news, but we also want to ensure that our community remains inclusive, respectful, and welcoming to everyone. Please keep this in mind when posting comments on our website and social media pages. Thank you for being a part of our online community.